I Spit on Your Grave - 4K UHD special edition

A Canadian

I Spit on Your Grave - 4K UHD special edition

Post by A Canadian »

This will certainly make those old VHS tapes look even more ancient.

A boutique company called Ronin Flix is releasing the original "I Spit on Your Grave" in a 3-disc limited edition set that has been remastered in 4K UHD.

https://roninflix.com/products/i-spit-o ... 3-disc-set

It ain't cheap but might be a worthwhile investment for fans of the movie. Because the older movies were shot on film, the 4K remastering process allows for significant improvements in clarity and colour. Quite likely, this will be the best version ever available for home viewing.

I can't say I ever would have imagined this film getting such deluxe treatment. But among collectors of what's known these days as "physical media" (ie., discs rather than owning a title on a streaming service), there seems to be a huge fan base for old slasher and exploitation movies.

It makes you wonder.

Does anyone remember hearing something a couple of years ago about a social media phenomenon called the #metoo movement? Nah, me neither. :D
Ralphus

Re: I Spit on Your Grave - 4K UHD special edition

Post by Ralphus »

A Canadian wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:44 pm A boutique company called Ronin Flix is releasing the original "I Spit on Your Grave" in a 3-disc limited edition set that has been remastered in 4K UHD.

https://roninflix.com/products/i-spit-o ... 3-disc-set
Thanks for the news about that. Looks like I may have to buy myself an early Christmas present.
A Canadian wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:44 pmI can't say I ever would have imagined this film getting such deluxe treatment. But among collectors of what's known these days as "physical media" (ie., discs rather than owning a title on a streaming service), there seems to be a huge fan base for old slasher and exploitation movies.
This may well be the most (in)famous and revered/detested expoitation movie of them all. The grandfather of them all that started a new genre, the rape/revenge movie. I think it's certainly worth a deluxe re-packaging.

Now what we need are some new follow-ups. They've been varying in quality. The 2010 remake with Sarah Butler was decent, the 2013 sequel with Jemma Dallender is a bonafide GIMP classic, Part 3 (also with Butler) sucked donkey and "Deja Vu" suffered from poor casting. Surely they're not going to stop now?