Outlander.

Contribute or visit the Database :
http://ralphus.net/database/whipindex.html

Moderator: Ralphus

Richardwhip

Outlander.

Post#1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi all . in the neflix series Outlander in the first season chapter 11. "the mark of the devil" ..the protagonist is whipped by a witch. he receives only 6 or 7 lashes on his bare back

Akhenaton

Re: Outlander.

Post#2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:03 am

Richardwhip wrote:Hi all . in the neflix series Outlander in the first season chapter 11. "the mark of the devil" ..the protagonist is whipped by a witch. he receives only 6 or 7 lashes on his bare back

Yeah my friend: it's a well known and rately disappointing scene.
In this season there are two scenes: a spanking, not bad, and this mentioned whipping...
But, as usual on Netflix, they have a "puritan" behaviour: in the novel the episode is much more violent and realistic, where the woman feels every stroke ald the cutting of the skin too...
Moreover, to Netflix shame, the male whippings are very well shown: what's the problem with them? Disgusting...

Klingsor

Post#3 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:34 am

My wife has read all of the outlander novels in German. Damn it, I forgot to ask her to mark the torture and whipping scenes for me.
Last edited by Klingsor on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klingsor

Klingsor

Post#4 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:37 am

My wife has read all of the outlander novels in German. Damn it, I forgot to ask her to mark the torture and whipping scenes for me.
Klingsor

Akhenaton

Post#5 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 am

Klingsor wrote:My wife has read all of the outlander novels in German. Damn it, I forgot to ask her to mark the torture and whipping scenes for me.

A gift: an extract from the novel (credits to Diana Gabaldon)...

«The short judge puffed himself up like a threatened toad.
"You'll nae speak before this court without leave, woman! Do ye dare to refuse lawful examination?" "Do I dare refuse to be drowned? Too right I do!" Too late I caught sight of Geilie, frantically shaking
her head, so that the fair hair swirled around her face. The judge turned to MacRae.

"Strip her and skelp her," he said flatly.

Through a daze of disbelief, I heard a collective inhalation, presumably of shocked dismay—in truth, of anticipatory enjoyment. And I realized just what hate really meant. Not theirs. Mine.

They didn't bother taking me back to the village square. So far as I was now concerned, I had little left to lose, and I didn't make it easy for them.

Rough hands jerked me forward, yanking at the edges of blouse and bodice.

"Let go of me, you bloody lout!" I yelled, and kicked one man-handler squarely where it would do most good. He crumpled with a groan, but his doubled form was quickly lost in a boiling eruption of shouting, spitting, glaring faces. More hands seized my arms and hustled me stumbling onward, half-lifting me over bodies fallen in the crush, pushing me bodily through gaps too small to walk through.

Someone hit me in the stomach, and I lost my breath. My bodice was virtually in shreds by this time, so it was with no great difficulty that the remainder was stripped off. I had never suffered from excessive modesty, but standing half-naked before the jeers of that crowd of ill-wishers, with the prints of sweaty hands on my bare breasts, filled me with a hatred and humiliation I could not even have imagined.

John MacRae bound my hands before me, looping a woven rope about my wrists, leaving a length of several feet. He had the grace to look ashamed as he did it, but would not raise his eyes to mine, and it was clear I could expect neither help nor lenience from that quarter; he was as much at the mercy of the crowd as I was.

Geilie was there, no doubt similarly treated; I caught a glimpse of her platinum hair, flying in a sudden breeze. My arms stretched high above my head as the rope was thrown over the branch of a large oak and hauled tight. I gritted my teeth and held tight to my fury; it was the only thing I had to combat my fear. There was an air of breathless expectancy, punctuated by the excited murmurs and shouts from the crowd of watchers.

"Give it 'er, John!" one shouted. "Get on wi' it!"

John MacRae, sensitive to the theatrical responsibilities of his profession, paused, scourge held level at waist height, and surveyed the crowd. He walked forward and gently adjusted my position, so that I faced the trunk of the tree, almost touching the rough bark. Then he drew back two paces, raised the whip and let it fall.

The shock of it was worse than the pain. In fact, it was only after several blows that I realized the locksman was doing his level best to spare me what he could. Still, one or two blows were hard enough to break the skin; I felt the sharp tingle in the wake of the impact.

I had my eyes shut tight, cheek pressed hard against the wood, trying for all I was worth to be somewhere else. Suddenly, though, I heard something that recalled me at once to the here and now.

"Claire!"

There was a little slack in the rope that bound my wrists; enough to let me make a lunge that brought me clear around, facing the mob. My sudden escape disconcerted the locksman, who brought his lash down on empty air, stumbled forward off-balance, and knocked his head against a limb. This had a very good effect on the mob, who roared insults and started jeering at him.

My hair was in my eyes, stuck to my face with sweat, tears, and the filth of confinement. I shook my head to free it, and managed at least a sidelong glance that confirmed what my ears had heard.

Jamie was shoving his way through the hindering crowd, face like thunder, ruthlessly taking advantage of his size and muscle.
»

Well, my friends: it's obvious that I didn't remember it clearly, but it's anyway a strong scene...
Last edited by Akhenaton on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

dryuya

Post#6 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:54 am

Okay I was genuinely confused for a second there that there was actually a different "Outlander" series on Netflix/Hulu based on this synopsis.

Yes, in episode 11 of the first season the FEMALE main character...SHE is whipped after being accused of being a witch.

Just to be clear.

Akhenaton

Post#7 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:09 am

dryuya wrote:Okay I was genuinely confused for a second there that there was actually a different "Outlander" series on Netflix/Hulu based on this synopsis.

Yes, in episode 11 of the first season the FEMALE main character...SHE is whipped after being accused of being a witch.

Just to be clear.

Let me understand: is there another series from the novel?

Return to “Whipping In Movies Database”