How to get Ciri to talk - a fantasy GIMP adventure based on JD's art

Paintings, Pictures, Manipulations, Drawings and all that jazz.

Moderator: Ralphus

LLL

How to get Ciri to talk - a fantasy GIMP adventure based on JD's art

Post#1 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:58 am

I've been thinking a long time about posting this. I hesitate to call my personal contribution "art", but since I am only providing some context to the pictures this, and not the story forum, is where I guess it belongs.

A little background: for those who were on the old site about a year ago, a casual comment I made to a work of JD sparked a gratifying and fruitful exchange of ideas between us. He was so kind as to ask me how I wanted the situation to develop from there on, and over the course of the following months gradually expanded on it. I hereby apologize to him if I sometimes was obnoxious in trying to realize certain ideas I had in mind, but it all was in the name of the greater good of enriching the GIMP art scene.

So at a point I decided, not having an atom of JD's skills, that I could make another contribution besides suggesting scenes: I could try to make it all fit in a more or less coherent story, hoping that my text would enhance the enjoyment of some (while they certainly will be only a distraction to others). Thus, the adventure of Ciri in Nilfgaard was born, and today I start sharing it here.

A few words of warning:

1) while about 3/4 of the pics are JD's, I also included a dozen or more pics found on the web. Most of them have authors I do not know. If you find you are the proprietor of one of the pics displayed here, and object to the use I've made of it, let me know and it will be removed;

2) basically, what's here is fan fiction. No economical gain purposes. So certain names of course remain property of the author of the books and/or the games the story is based upon;

3) forgive me should you find some small (or big) grammar errors. English is my fourth language;

4) of course the story will be more entertaining if you are familiar with the Witcher universe;

5) for those of you who on the other hand are true experts of the subject, I clearly took some liberties with the background of the various characters, mainly with Ciri's ancestry and the Nilfgaardian succession laws.

That's it. First three pics, for today.
Attachments
0001.jpg
0002.jpg
0003.jpg

LLL

Re: How to get Ciri to talk - a fantasy GIMP adventure based on JD's art

Post#2 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:10 am

Part II
Attachments
0004a.jpg
0005.jpg
0006.jpg

LLL

Post#3 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Part III
Attachments
0006a.png
0007.jpg
0008ab.jpg

LLL

Post#4 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Today is actually my birthday, so in keeping with the tradition of another great fantasy world (easy to spot which one, let's see who does) I will be giving gifts instead of receiving them. Thus, a double serving of Ciri's story today :D
Attachments
0008abb.jpg
0008b.jpg
0009.jpg

LLL

Post#5 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:27 am

Part V, where the action finally starts...
Attachments
0010 (2).jpg
0010b2.jpg
0020.jpg

LLL

Post#6 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:31 am

Part VI
Attachments
0030b.jpg
0040.jpg
0060.jpg

LLL

Post#7 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:27 am

Part VII
Attachments
0070b.jpg
0080.jpg
0085b.jpg

Ed2

Post#8 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:33 am

Nice, things are heating up.

yyy02

Post#9 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:09 pm

LLL wrote:I've been thinking a long time about posting this. I hesitate to call my personal contribution "art", but since I am only providing some context to the pictures this, and not the story forum, is where I guess it belongs.

Great series, thanks for sharing!

LLL

Post#10 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:27 am

Sorry for the delay, guys. I am trying to talk JD into making a few extra scenes for what's to come, but he's unavailable at the moment. Thus, I will proceed slowly for the time being. Here's part VIIIA.
Attachments
0090b.jpg

Return to “Art Contributions”