Popular culture GIMP art that has been published

Paintings, Pictures, Manipulations, Drawings and all that jazz.

Moderator: Ralphus

doe.1971

Re: Popular culture GIMP art that has been published

Post#341 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:47 pm

dryuya wrote:Anyone know where to find scans of the Isabella comic books? The covers sometimes look pretty good and I wonder whats inside.

For most of the cases they don't deliver on their promise but sometimes they do.

Here you can find the link between the covers and the isssue number. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/isabella ... 4005-3542/

And here you can find all that have been digitized in the fummeto world. https://vintagecomix.blogspot.com/

CoversTheRelentless

Post#342 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:23 pm

Today's MAM scans are from World of Men Jan 1968.
Attachments
World of Men Jan 1968 p25.jpg
World of Men Jan 1968 p24.jpg

Akhenaton

Post#343 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:48 pm

dryuya wrote:Anyone know where to find scans of the Isabella comic books? The covers sometimes look pretty good and I wonder whats inside.

1060146-69.jpg

1063113-63 (1).jpg

1068193-205_01_1975.jpg

On VintageComiX (https://vintagecomix.blogspot.com/search/label/ISABELLA)... but covers of italian fumetti usually promise far more than they contain!

dryuya

Post#344 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:08 am

Oh I see...for some reason I thought each comic would be more like the Isabella movie...just in comic form.

Probably wont even bother checking through them if it's anything like the typical adult/fumetti stuff I've seen before...cramming as much adult stuff as possible in each panel with little or no reason or driving plot. That sort of thing never resonated with me before so I think I'll just stick to looking at the cool covers

CoversTheRelentless

Post#345 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Today's MAM scans are from World of Men Jan 1970 V8 No1.
Attachments
World of Men Jan 1970 V8 No1.jpg
World of Men Jan 1970 p31.jpg
World of Men Jan 1970 p23.jpg

wulf

Post#346 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:52 pm

CoversTheRelentless wrote:Today's MAM scans are from World of Men Jan 1970 V8 No1.

Is that old Ben Franklin in the bottom one?
Who knew? :D
Gimp fact of life #1; No matter how bad it is, it can and will, get worse.

Akhenaton

Post#347 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:59 pm

dryuya wrote:Oh I see...for some reason I thought each comic would be more like the Isabella movie...just in comic form.

Probably wont even bother checking through them if it's anything like the typical adult/fumetti stuff I've seen before...cramming as much adult stuff as possible in each panel with little or no reason or driving plot. That sort of thing never resonated with me before so I think I'll just stick to looking at the cool covers

Well, Isabella has the merit to be the first italian adult "fumetto", since 1966 (!), and has a well written story, with a plot that develops over the years, well inserted in the real historical context, and shows very few adult contents (anyway "hard" for the time!)...
Unfortunately it is written in Italian, and only those who speak this language can appreciate the story by reading it.
In fact, in addition to the comic, there is also a novel, and the screenplay for the film was written from them.

CoversTheRelentless

Post#348 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:36 pm

Today's MAM scans are from World of Men Jan 1971.

--------------------

Wulf wrote:
Is that old Ben Franklin in the bottom one?
Who knew? :D

Oh, I think Ben Franklin's proclivities are fairly well known. He was quite the womanizer.
Attachments
World of Men Jan 1971.jpg
World of Men Jan 1971 p27.jpg

Damian

Post#349 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:02 pm

I got into the kink after coming across comics and magazines like these in my father’s bedside drawers in the 50’s and 60’s, can remember how they fired my imagination and I would often secretly return to see what new ones he had purchased.

doe.1971

Post#350 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:11 pm

How to master today's sex-obssesed women .... true back then as now.

Return to “Art Contributions”