Damian's Website

Paintings, Pictures, Manipulations, Drawings and all that jazz.

Moderator: Ralphus

Damian
Posts: 101

Re: Damian's Website

Post#81 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:17 am

Variations on a theme, from the Sado commission... https://damianartwork.com
Attachments
WitchhesTormented08s.jpg
WitchhesTormented06s.jpg
WitchhesTormented02s.jpg

User avatar
wulf
Posts: 2791

Re: Damian's Website

Post#82 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Damian wrote:Variations on a theme, from the Sado commission... https://damianartwork.com


Thanks for sharing these awesome pieces. :)
Gimp fact of life #1; No matter how bad it is, it can and will, get worse.

Damian
Posts: 101

Re: Damian's Website

Post#83 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:14 am

wulf wrote:
Damian wrote:Variations on a theme, from the Sado commission... https://damianartwork.com


Thanks for sharing these awesome pieces. :)


You are welcome wolf, though I still find the lack of reactions or comments disappointing, not begging for praise but some activity would be refreshing! ;)

User avatar
frog
Posts: 1777

Re: Damian's Website

Post#84 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:07 am

Damian wrote:Variations on a theme, from the Sado commission... https://damianartwork.com

I have followed you since the 90s and you were a source of inspiration when I started doing my "art". With these latest pics I notice a change in your style, though it still retains much of the previous approaches to the subject. Of the three, the top one is my favorite. On another note, get used to the silence, there is usually very little commenting here, it has been so since I first visited the forum way back when. You could probably get an idea of how your work is appreciated by noticing the times it has been viewed, not good enough, I know, but like the song says "You can't always get what you want, but if you try you'll find sometimes that you get what you need. . ."

User avatar
wulf
Posts: 2791

Re: Damian's Website

Post#85 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:58 pm

I've also noticed a bit of improvement of your images. I have your work back to the early 2000's and it's always been first rate Imo. But these current pieces have taken that quality up a notch or two. These last 3 you shared are a prime example, and I'm thankful to have them.
Gimp fact of life #1; No matter how bad it is, it can and will, get worse.

User avatar
bleumune
Posts: 145

Re: Damian's Website

Post#86 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:53 am

Damian wrote:
wulf wrote:
Damian wrote:Variations on a theme, from the Sado commission... https://damianartwork.com


Thanks for sharing these awesome pieces. :)


You are welcome wolf, though I still find the lack of reactions or comments disappointing, not begging for praise but some activity would be refreshing! ;)


A very valid point, Damian, and I have to confess that I should have issued congratulations before this! Your work is really excellent these latter days, especially given the restrictions in working with available imagery. The way you blend your images together is hard for me to imagine, since I've tried my hand with photo-manipulations and given up in disgust at my efforts.

It's why I do 3D Art instead, but I do it mostly to amuse myself, since a lot of posts just don't seem to draw a lot of reaction. Maybe it's lethargy or simply inertia, but at least I don't see any censorship here on the GIMP. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Ralphus' site stays healthy!

User avatar
sickochickmandy
Posts: 7

Re: Damian's Website

Post#87 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:17 pm

Too good to be true! Damian, always was a fan and seems nothing changed. Or things just got better :) The activity here is way lower it should be indeed, but don't let this divert you. Many, including me, profusely enjoy your wonderful artwork for decades now! Thank you for all the fantastic moments your images brought to me. There were plenty. Horny moments. You have no idea.

Damian
Posts: 101

Re: Damian's Website

Post#88 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:46 am

bleumune wrote:
Damian wrote:
wulf wrote:
Thanks for sharing these awesome pieces. :)


You are welcome wolf, though I still find the lack of reactions or comments disappointing, not begging for praise but some activity would be refreshing! ;)


A very valid point, Damian, and I have to confess that I should have issued congratulations before this! Your work is really excellent these latter days, especially given the restrictions in working with available imagery. The way you blend your images together is hard for me to imagine, since I've tried my hand with photo-manipulations and given up in disgust at my efforts.

It's why I do 3D Art instead, but I do it mostly to amuse myself, since a lot of posts just don't seem to draw a lot of reaction. Maybe it's lethargy or simply inertia, but at least I don't see any censorship here on the GIMP. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Ralphus' site stays healthy!


Thank you "bluemune",

I have definitely taken things up a notch especially since I started doing work for my own site and a number of images (60 in total so far), for Sado and another commission, I also sell 8 images a month to Dofantsy for the Quoom site that I'm sure you are aware he has stopped updating some months now. In between redoing and preparing images to upload to my site (I have to put the signatures and copyright info on all that are posted, a very time-consuming process I can assure you), also adding texts to the booklet images takes a lot of time, I still manage to do about 20-30 new images that I will be posting to my site.
I don't know if you know but I am a pensioner in Greece and need to supplement my income :)

I never really got into 3D, I always had the impression they were like store mannequins, though I must say some of the 3D work Quoom did as well as other practitioners who have achieved a convincing depiction of the reality with great expressions, very important, and brilliant backgrounds and lighting.

I always liked working with real models and thank goodness there are many that take up the positions needed to create these images and there are thousands in my collections and that others kindly send me.

While I Can, and enjoy doing these, I will continue to do them and share some from time to time, here and on other forums like Deviantart, Crux and wherever I can get exposure, so I will be in touch.

Cheers, and let's hope the vaccines get rid of this damn pandemic and we can get back to some semblance of normality, hopefully, wiser and more sensitive to our environment.
Damian

I still find the lack of reaction buttons a bummer! :)

Damian
Posts: 101

Re: Damian's Website

Post#89 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:04 am

frog wrote:
Damian wrote:Variations on a theme, from the Sado commission... https://damianartwork.com

I have followed you since the 90s and you were a source of inspiration when I started doing my "art". With these latest pics I notice a change in your style, though it still retains much of the previous approaches to the subject. Of the three, the top one is my favorite. On another note, get used to the silence, there is usually very little commenting here, it has been so since I first visited the forum way back when. You could probably get an idea of how your work is appreciated by noticing the times it has been viewed, not good enough, I know, but like the song says "You can't always get what you want, but if you try you'll find sometimes that you get what you need. . ."


Very true, we can't always get what we want, I have been pestering my admin on my site to include them but get no joy :)

I am flattered that you have been aware of my work for so long frog, must be from the early Yahoo groups before I started selling to Marcel at Torture Drawing, the site has been defunct for some years now so I am reposting everything, some of the images quite heavily redone, on my own site. Quite a few years of work.
Is the Drawingpalace still around?
I am thirsty for communication with fans regarding my work and like looking for new ideas and material, Sado sent me a shitload of material that has been instrumental in the improvement of my latest images :)
D.

Damian
Posts: 101

Re: Damian's Website

Post#90 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:05 am

sickochickmandy wrote:Too good to be true! Damian, always was a fan and seems nothing changed. Or things just got better :) The activity here is way lower it should be indeed, but don't let this divert you. Many, including me, profusely enjoy your wonderful artwork for decades now! Thank you for all the fantastic moments your images brought to me. There were plenty. Horny moments. You have no idea.

Glad you share my tastes, I can assure you I also get horny doing some of these :)

Return to “Art Contributions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mr. Hyde and 18 guests