Damian Own Site

Damian

Damian Own Site

Post by Damian »

Testing!

What size do the images need to be, tried to post two and got the "too large" notification, can't we post bigger images?
La Reine Margot
Site Admin

Re: Damian Own Site

Post by La Reine Margot »

This is the largest picture I have from you. It's 358 KB

I reset the forum to allow larger pictures but not unlimited, like before. 500 KB should be the max.
Attachments
Roman Decadence P040.jpg
Roman Decadence P040.jpg (358.04 KiB) Viewed 5097 times
Damian

Post by Damian »

Test...
Attachments
Next Update.jpg
Next Update.jpg (767.28 KiB) Viewed 4592 times
Damian

Post by Damian »

Celebrating a Year+ of Damianartwork.com
Attachments
DamianArt-catagories2s copy 2.jpg
DamianArt-catagories2s copy 2.jpg (533.95 KiB) Viewed 3853 times
Damian

Post by Damian »

I would like to post a lot more but it's a pain to reduce the images to a size I can post here... testing this one...will get around to doing some new ones for the forum, really busy doing stuff for updates and other projects. D
Attachments
Dee's Dream016wtextss.jpg
La Reine Margot
Site Admin

Damian wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:47 am I would like to post a lot more but it's a pain to reduce the images to a size I can post here... testing this one...will get around to doing some new ones for the forum, really busy doing stuff for updates and other projects. D

You can have bigger pictures, up to 1 mb. What you posted so far is way below the max. The 500 kb should be the rule of thumb for sizes. But they can be bigger.

Another way of posting large pictures is by linking them thus.

That image is 12 megas.
moss

Post by moss »

La Reine Margot wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:58 am
Damian wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:47 am I would like to post a lot more but it's a pain to reduce the images to a size I can post here... testing this one...will get around to doing some new ones for the forum, really busy doing stuff for updates and other projects. D

You can have bigger pictures, up to 1 mb. What you posted so far is way below the max. The 500 kb should be the rule of thumb for sizes. But they can be bigger.

That image is 12 megas.
That sounds clever. I don't understand but it must be clever. There is a lot my little brain has not got in it.
Damian

Post by Damian »

La Reine Margot wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:58 am

That image is 12 megas.
Well, I have tried uploading slightly larger pics but I get the message" "too big", when you say linking them thus, I can't understand what "thus" is, I assume a link to the image somewhere else, but where and how?

Thanks,
Damian
La Reine Margot
Site Admin

How to link.
use img and /img inside bracket []
[img ]website/folder/image[ /img]
I have spaces inside the brackets so it will show here. No spaces inside bracket.

Website: the complete info, in my case https://redfeline.com
Folder: if the image is in a folder inside the website, and if the image is inside a folder that is also inside a folder, then all folders must be included:
website/folder/folder/folder/image.gif

Like that.
yyy02

Post by yyy02 »

La Reine Margot wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:29 am How to link.
use img and /img inside bracket []
[img ]website/folder/image[ /img]
I have spaces inside the brackets so it will show here. No spaces inside bracket.

Website: the complete info, in my case https://redfeline.com
Folder: if the image is in a folder inside the website, and if the image is inside a folder that is also inside a folder, then all folders must be included:
website/folder/folder/folder/image.gif

Like that.
Yes, but this works if the provider has an existing website, correct?

What do the rest of us plonkers who are just providing work from our personal computers do?