News about Quoom?

Anything goes! Except SPAM!
Any and and all subjects are discussed here.

Moderator: Ralphus

wulf

Re: News about Quoom?

Post#51 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Ralphus wrote:Esso,

These pictures are outstanding. It's sad that Quoom's email no longer works. I attempted to contact him back in January but my email went unanswered. I even wrote the customer service department at Quoom.com back in May but they told me that because of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) they were unable to give me any personal information but confirmed he was no longer creating new images for the site.

I remember how happy he was back in 2019 when I wrote to him and informed him he had been voted into the GIMP Hall of Fame. These previously unreleased illustrations are further proof of his amazing talent, confirmation that he is (or was) one of the truly great GIMP artists of his era.

Pure guesswork on my part, but judging from how sudden he became inactive, I'm thinking he possibly had a stroke or something similar. Whatever the case, I truly wish him well and as much recovery as possible. He is truly missed.
Gimp fact of life #1; No matter how bad it is, it can and will, get worse.

La Reine Margot
Site Admin

Re: News about Quoom?

Post#52 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:34 pm

Ralphus wrote:Esso,

These pictures are outstanding. It's sad that Quoom's email no longer works. I attempted to contact him back in January but my email went unanswered. I even wrote the customer service department at Quoom.com back in May but they told me that because of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) they were unable to give me any personal information but confirmed he was no longer creating new images for the site.

I remember how happy he was back in 2019 when I wrote to him and informed him he had been voted into the GIMP Hall of Fame. These previously unreleased illustrations are further proof of his amazing talent, confirmation that he is (or was) one of the truly great GIMP artists of his era.

Camille had a long email exchange with Quoom. She had an issue with her email address, way back, it was blocked by Yahoo for some reason, so she lost all that exchange and all the years of emails she had then. I am going over some of the exchanges that she saved to find his personal address, the one he was using to communicate with Camille.

Quoom did some really great work inspired on Red Feline On The Cross, some other work with the Red Feline Faces The Inquisition series, always using Camille as his inspiration. He also worked on some art for Martyr or the Death of St Eulalia. Really amazing work. I only have one image with me now. I'll look for more to share.

One conversation Quoom had with Camille that I recall is one where he told her that one of his fans mentioned her name to him. Quoom responded that he knew Camille and was in touch with her all the time. His fan's reaction was "You know those crazy people?!"

We too, would like to know how he is doing. He's an old friend.

The attached image in one he did based on Red Feline Faces The Inquisition.
Attachments
rfontherackbyhans01.jpg

Return to “Open Discussion”