Covid crisis: Sorry for asking this here

Anything goes! Except SPAM!
Any and and all subjects are discussed here.

Moderator: Ralphus

yyy02

Covid crisis: Sorry for asking this here

Post#1 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:11 am

but can anyone list some reputable charities in the U.S. that we can make small donations to families in need during this Covid crisis?

wulf

Re: Covid crisis: Sorry for asking this here

Post#2 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:24 am

yyy02 wrote:but can anyone list some reputable charities in the U.S. that we can make small donations to families in need during this Covid crisis?

Have you thought about your local food bank. Lots of folks out of work and struggling, and you know your money/donations will stay close to home.
Gimp fact of life #1; No matter how bad it is, it can and will, get worse.

Elaine

Post#3 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:47 am

An excellent suggestion. Additionally, you might check with your municipal government's
social services department for a list of accredited local charities or a referral to a local
organizing committee that oversees such efforts.

yyy02

Post#4 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Elaine wrote:An excellent suggestion. Additionally, you might check with your municipal government's
social services department for a list of accredited local charities or a referral to a local
organizing committee that oversees such efforts.

Thanks to wulf and you. I was looking for charities that specifically targets the "struggling to make ends meet because of Covid". I know there are tons of charities out there but a lot of them are scams too.

I think it's tough because there are down on their luck families, but still (barely) have a roof over their heads. This is in addition to the really needy, maybe homeless folks. This "middle" tier is what I'm hoping to directly reach.

Ed2

Post#5 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:57 pm

I wouldn't give anything to any agency under a government or religious umbrella. Regrettably, that means doing some research. There is a group where I live in central Arizona called People Who Care. I don't know how widespread their groups are. They have provided me with assistance shopping, with getting to appointments (I'm both poor and crippled from a fire 25 years ago), and coordinated with local restaurants to donate food during the pandemic. All without so much as a request for any donation. Another good place that could use whatever assistance they can get is Meals On Wheels. I know they are more widespread. If you are looking for a broader organization, I would recommend them, y.

yyy02

Post#6 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Thanks to all who chimed in, it's much appreciated.

To all on the Forum who celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving! Even in these trying times, there is much to be thankful for. :)

prints

Post#7 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:54 pm

to yyy2 and to all ditto on t ... giving lots to be thank for :) prints

Return to “Open Discussion”