Bleumune

Anything goes! Except SPAM!
Any and and all subjects are discussed here.

Moderator: Ralphus

mahatma
Posts: 4

Bleumune

Post#1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Anyone know what is happening with Bleumune. Really miss his wonderful artwork. Thanks.
john

User avatar
bleumune
Posts: 143

Re: Bleumune

Post#2 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:35 pm

mahatma wrote:Anyone know what is happening with Bleumune. Really miss his wonderful artwork. Thanks.
john


I'm out here, but I've been busy with a couple of projects not related to our hobby. In addition, I don't think I really know what will strike a chord with the readership here. I think it was Ed who always says that there never is very much response to posts by contributors, which is fine as far as it goes. You can't make someone do something he doesn't want to. But it does get dispiriting every now and again to post an artwork that I worked on for several days without a single comment. But that's why we wear big-boy and big-girl pants, right?

The GIMP doesn't really have a theme, though when someone asks where they should post their more extreme stuff, I always mention the GIMP, since I haven't seen anything being censored here. But it doesn't have a theme. A few people like stories, a few people like BDSM videos, a few people like 3D Art, etc., etc. It's kind of a potpourri.

For example, on the subject of themes, CruxForums is basically a crucifixion site. I've seen several threads get shut down because the non-crucifixion torture got too extreme for the moderators. The Dark Spot doesn't seem to have a censorship problem, but it's primarily a hanging site. Stakedamsels, of course, is a burning at the stake site. From my perspective, BATS is a method of execution but it's not quite torture. Still, I drop by every few days because there's some good stuff there occasionally. ArtUnlimited, where WillieJ posts some of his superb art, doesn't have a theme I've spotted, but it's rather uninteresting. It doesn't want things to get too serious (I don't know why they call themselves Art UNLIMITED when they have limits. And DeviantArt is just a mess and probably will disappear one day due to lack of interest.

Anyway, Mahatma, since you wondered where I was, what do YOU want to see? :lol:

Cheers,

bleumune

User avatar
skullchaser
Posts: 393

Re: Bleumune

Post#3 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:14 pm

bleumune wrote:
mahatma wrote:Anyone know what is happening with Bleumune. Really miss his wonderful artwork. Thanks.
john


For example, on the subject of themes, CruxForums is basically a crucifixion site. I've seen several threads get shut down because the non-crucifixion torture got too extreme for the moderators. The Dark Spot doesn't seem to have a censorship problem, but it's primarily a hanging site. Stakedamsels, of course, is a burning at the stake site. From my perspective, BATS is a method of execution but it's not quite torture. Still, I drop by every few days because there's some good stuff there occasionally. ArtUnlimited, where WillieJ posts some of his superb art, doesn't have a theme I've spotted, but it's rather uninteresting. It doesn't want things to get too serious (I don't know why they call themselves Art UNLIMITED when they have limits. And DeviantArt is just a mess and probably will disappear one day due to lack of interest.


Thanks for mentioning those sites! A couple of them I wasn't aware of; submitted to The Dark Spot just now.
Thomas Chaser

User avatar
Ed2
Posts: 330

Re: Bleumune

Post#4 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:12 pm

bleumune wrote: ArtUnlimited, where WillieJ posts some of his superb art, doesn't have a theme I've spotted, but it's rather uninteresting. It doesn't want things to get too serious (I don't know why they call themselves Art UNLIMITED when they have limits. bleumune


Yeah, I found them through Willie wondering how soon DA would purge him. They have a "literature" section, so I thought "Why not?" The admins told me no rape or "excessive" violence. (so much for "unlimited.") So I posted Lady Diane, which has no sex and not even any blood. They told me that they 1) Had to come up with a new type descriptor (DiD-extreme vs. BDSM-extreme) and that I was welcome to post a description with a link to where any more violent story could be read. Ok, whatever. So I put up a description of Pamela, my female prison story with a link to it here. To date (three weeks for Diane, two for Pamela) each has 130+ "views" and zero comments. Okay, I won't lose any sleep, but I'm also not going to make any effort to post anything else, story or link. Even Willie's great art is showing triple digit views and single digit comments.

At least we have Gimp. Never a tsunami of praise, but damn sure more recognition here than anywhere else out there. (I even tried joining CruxForums and, with no explanation, received a brief email telling me I "did not meet membership requirements." ?!

User avatar
bleumune
Posts: 143

Re: Bleumune

Post#5 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:21 pm

Ed2 wrote:
bleumune wrote: At least we have Gimp. Never a tsunami of praise, but damn sure more recognition here than anywhere else out there. (I even tried joining CruxForums and, with no explanation, received a brief email telling me I "did not meet membership requirements." ?!


What!?! CruxForums said you did not meet membership requirements? What is going on? Did they give any other details? Maybe someone read one of the stories you posted on BDSMArtwork years ago and figured that was too extreme for them.

Well, I'd already decided not to post anything else there. I've got a considerable number of crucifixion efforts that only needed one last pass with new lighting, but let them keep their crucifixion fixations. It seems like everything has gone downhill since Art of Darkness folded except the GIMP, which is actually easier to use since Ralphus had that ransomware attack.

User avatar
Ed2
Posts: 330

Re: Bleumune

Post#6 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:22 pm

bleumune wrote: What!?! CruxForums said you did not meet membership requirements? What is going on? Did they give any other details? Maybe someone read one of the stories you posted on BDSMArtwork years ago and figured that was too extreme for them. It seems like everything has gone downhill since Art of Darkness folded except the GIMP, which is actually easier to use since Ralphus had that ransomware attack.


Nope, just that statement.

And the old stories I gave to BDSMArtwork were shit (I rewrote Melissa for Gimp. The others were so over-the-top they weren't worth the effort.) They even claimed the copyright. They're welcome to it, the assholes.

User avatar
doe.1971
Posts: 297

Re: Bleumune

Post#7 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:48 pm

bleumune wrote:GIMP, which is actually easier to use since Ralphus had that ransomware attack.


That's heresy! But seriously now, the way I envisioned an evolved Ralphus.net place was a structured forum with an clickable option that allows all the latest posts to be listed in a continuous feed very similar to the previous older Ralphus. I was told that not all structured forums are created equal and what I wanted can only be found on XenForo, that costs money. Here, the closest thing you can get is a list of the latest TITLES on the posts, and those posts needed to be opened one by one, time consuming and soul killing. :)

f_before.jpg

I get something like this, while I was hoping to get something like that.

f_hope.jpg

mahatma
Posts: 4

Re: Bleumune

Post#8 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Hello Bleumune. Thank you for writing here. My favorite scenes would be mature women, large breasts, hairy crotches, tied spread eagle to a vertical torture frame or torture poles, and then tortured with fire or red hot implements.
All of your work is excellent. My favorites are Fort Wayne and the Arena torture scenes. Thanks for asking.
john

User avatar
La Reine Margot
Site Admin
Posts: 203

Re: Bleumune

Post#9 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:22 pm

doe.1971 wrote:
bleumune wrote:GIMP, which is actually easier to use since Ralphus had that ransomware attack.


That's heresy! But seriously now, the way I envisioned an evolved Ralphus.net place was a structured forum with an clickable option that allows all the latest posts to be listed in a continuous feed very similar to the previous older Ralphus. I was told that not all structured forums are created equal and what I wanted can only be found on XenForo, that costs money. Here, the closest thing you can get is a list of the latest TITLES on the posts, and those posts needed to be opened one by one, time consuming and soul killing. :)



There's Quick Links up in the menu, next to Notifications. You can see a list of preferences, one is Newest posts, or unanswered posts and so on.

I was checking with XenForo, as an option. Costs money and I don't know if that will change things much. A bit, not a lot unless along with XenForo a master web designer is hired as a full time employe.

It took me weeks to set this up and it will take me weeks to upgrade it and add stuff... or re-design stuff or create a complete new system all together. :lol: Which I could if I didn't have to prepare the work I'm doing for a famous university... in Europe... a massive expo for the end of next year. It takes two years to prepare.

I'm also checking a combination of software that can help create the kind of site that existed previously. Not an easy task. In the meantime... just enjoy... while it lasts... I'm fighting off spammers and hackers wannabes on a daily basis... really, they are so, so... so unrelenting. Most of them ferocious bots. I already memorized their proxy systems... weird. Some are so obvious and some not so much, but they are all obstinate.

User avatar
yyy02
Posts: 1024

Re: Bleumune

Post#10 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:29 pm

La Reine Margot wrote:I'm also checking a combination of software that can help create the kind of site that existed previously. Not an easy task. In the meantime... just enjoy... while it lasts... I'm fighting off spammers and hackers wannabes on a daily basis... really, they are so, so... so unrelenting. Most of them ferocious bots. I already memorized their proxy systems... weird. Some are so obvious and some not so much, but they are all obstinate.

Thanks so much for your tireless work on our behalf!
I wouldn't mind a long list just like the old Forum, that way I wouldn't miss anything. But that's just me, and it might be a PIA to wade through all the stuff, too.

Return to “Open Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: revzetmen, sickochickmandy, Zardoz, ZootieZootZoot and 19 guests